6 Month Fixed Term Contract
The world around us is experiencing significant change, the greatest in generations.
At McLaren Applied, we’re accelerating the response to that change. Our vision is that our people and technologies will pioneer a better future. Our mission is to achieve breakthroughs in performance.
We’re at the cutting edge of innovation in industries including automotive transportation and motorsport. We create solutions that drive efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
We want to help to reduce the carbon footprint and become more sustainable. Our focus is on electrification and telemetry, control and analytics.
To deliver efficient lightweight electric powertrain and vehicle development; motorsport solutions that make series more sustainable and efficient; reliable connectivity solutions for transportation and insightful analytics and monitoring of transport fleets.
By applying our expertise, we deliver real benefits and pioneer a better future.
Purpose of the Role:
To competently follow predefined manufacturing processes to deliver products.
Overtime during certain periods of the year is essential to ensure customer deadlines are achieved.
- Support of production teams manufacturing activities.
- Performs/prepares build or inspection activities before and during product manufacturing.
- Delivers production requirements by following instructions/processes.
- Maintains manufacturing documentation to achieve full standards of traceability.
- Fully contributes to the process of continuous improvements and company goal of achieving zero defects in accordance with ISO9001 certified quality management systems requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Good GCSE grades or equivalent in English and Maths.
- A high level of soldering skills to meet Class 3 requirements for IPC-J-STD-001, IPC-610 & IPC-7711/7721.
- Modifications on SMT 0402 and through hole components
- General understanding of industry standards and regulations to ensure guidelines are followed and machinery and equipment are operated safety.
- General experience of all aspects of box-build manufacturing.
- Has developed proficiency in a range of processes or procedures through job-related training and considerable on-the-job expertise.
- Basic PC skills.
- Good time management.
- Good attention to detail to allow you to maintain or exceed high levels of production standards and efficiency.
- Ability to fully contribute to the process of continuous improvements.
- Good understanding of working in similar high technology and value environment.
- Manufacturing at a low volume level.
- Highly motivated with a hunger to learn new processes.
- Demonstrates a collaborative approach by sharing accurate and meaningful information and ideas openly with others.
- Develops positive working relationships by being open about their work and involving others where possible and by supporting others in their work.
- Seeks feedback from key stakeholders to better understand how well delivering against expectations.
- Demonstrates personal ownership for delivering their role, their learning and their career by proactively managing each.
- Asks questions to better understand the business and the needs of the business.
- Accepts responsibility for delivering own area of work and results, even if difficulties arise.
- Demonstrates ability to be flexible and adapt thinking and approach quickly as required in the circumstances.
- Regularly requests feedback and measurement on how well stakeholder needs, including peers, are being met.
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail all duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature which are commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.
McLaren Applied are committed to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) and promote DEI in all we do.