The world around us is experiencing significant change, the greatest in generations.
At McLaren Applied, we’re accelerating the response to that change. Our vision is that our people and technologies will pioneer a better future. Our mission is to achieve breakthroughs in performance.
We’re at the cutting edge of innovation in industries including automotive transportation and motorsport. We create solutions that drive efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
We want to help to reduce the carbon footprint and become more sustainable. Our focus is on electrification and telemetry, control and analytics.
To deliver efficient lightweight electric powertrain and vehicle development; motorsport solutions that make series more sustainable and efficient; reliable connectivity solutions for transportation and insightful analytics and monitoring of transport fleets.
By applying our expertise, we deliver real benefits and pioneer a better future.
Achieving quantifiable breakthroughs in performance through the unique application of data science
As architects of meaningful change, we guide industries forward by developing world-class products and holistic, scalable solutions that harness our expertise in telemetry, control and analytics and electrification.
We work at the intersection of technology, data and human ingenuity to redefine what’s possible and are committed to a journey of relentless improvement that challenges convention, transforms markets and delivers powerful competitive advantage.
For over 30 years we have led the digital transformation of motorsport through electronics and data systems, and now also develop innovative technologies that drive positive, sustainable change in automotive, transport, and beyond.
We’re at the cutting edge of innovation creating solutions that drive efficiency and cost-effectiveness. We want to help to reduce the carbon footprint and become more sustainable.
Purpose of the Role
Product Owners at McLaren Applied work as product innovators in industry to deliver cutting-edge solutions to real-world problems. At McLaren Applied, product owners are results-driven and passionate about problem-solving. They are senior contributors to our team and help us to create value for our customers by leading innovation. Your business acumen and technical expertise will help us to derive feasibility, formulate and scope complex problems, then enable the technical teams to deliver. You could be working with customers to model complex industrial processes; brainstorming with our technical teams to explore product & technology opportunities; and looking to inspire world-leading clients with new value-creation propositions. The role suits candidates that are comfortable exploring new areas and pioneering new ways of solving problems. If you’re looking to pioneer new ways of conducting data science, McLaren Applied would like to speak with you.
- Interfacing with customers to identify and understand their business problem, as well as desired outcomes and their value.
- Working closely with our analytics teams to understand their capabilities, and communicating that capability to clients.
- Identifying the data requirements to achieve particular outcomes, and opportunities for data quality improvements using our products.
- Formulating product requirements that are suitable for both customer and technical teams.
- Performing early-stage data analysis to support feasibility studies.
- Working with our design teams to create visualizations to support pre-sales proposals and product designs.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
* BSc in a highly-numerate discipline or practical commercial experience.
* Ability to communicate effectively with both business and technical teams.
* Proven quantitative skills, in particular in the ability to use data and metrics to validate assumptions and develop business cases.
* A proven track-record in scoping and delivering technology solutions in a business environment.
* Familiarity with statistical tools such as R or MATLAB, or programming languages such as Python.
* A working knowledge of Agile methodology.
* Master's or higher degree in business or an analytical field.
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.
This job description may not detail all duties allocated to the post holder, nor cover duties of a similar nature which are commensurate with the role, which may from time to time be reasonably required by the relevant manager.
McLaren Applied are committed to Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (DEI) and promote DEI in all we do.
Your application was submitted successfully.